Friday 23 June 2017

It's not me they fear... it's you...


There's a turning point on the horizon, it's hard to deny. The election has awoken people, young and old, or those in the middle like me. It was the first election in my lifetime that felt like I was voting for something different, and I'm sure it felt that way for many, not the few.

But it's not over yet. The Tories could miraculously pass their Queen's Speech next week, meaning the words debated this week and the pomp and ceremony were not just the hollow sentiments of people clinging to power. I don't know. It's such a desperate moment for May, and the Tories, and their Queen's speech is a gamble. They gambled before and lost. Hopefully we'll get the same result again.

Even if they win, good luck getting anything through Parliament. Unfortunately, one of the biggest concerns, the asset-stripping of the NHS, seems to be going on behind the scenes. The Queen's Speech needs to fail for the good of it.



No comments:

Post a Comment